Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Library Research

I learned a lot more than I expected that I would when I went to the library. I was just thinking that we were going to go through the motions of searching databases and other library resources, which was true, but I also learned a lot about some sources. If anyone had asked me if it was good to use a published encyclopedia I would have definitely said yes; however, I was very wrong. So that was one thing that I learned was to stay away from these and use books and academic journals. There are, however, a few things that I am still a little confused about, but they have more to do with my topic. I just don't know what kind of information I should use to help support my claim. I probably won't be able to figure this out until next time, but it is something that I really need to know.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I thought encyclopedias were a go too. But I'm glad we had this class, because I was going to use a couple of encyclopedias for my papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned tons more than I thought I would too. Who knew that the library website made research so easy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought it was interesting that when I found out that we can't use encyclopedias. But I guess that will just make our research all the more informative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought encyclopedias were legit too. And I definitely agree that the visit was more useful than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete